Discontinued - Root CellaringProduct Number: ZB_CELLAR
Availability: Ships in 1 business day
Use the earth's naturally cool, stable temperature as an energy-saving way to store nearly 100 varieties of perishable fruits and vegetables all year long.
Root Cellaring explains how to successfully use this natural storage approach. It's the first book devoted entirely to the subject, and it covers the subject with a thoroughness that makes it the only book you'll ever need on root cellaring.
Root Cellaring will tell you:
- How to choose vegetable and fruit varieties that will store best
- Specific individual storage requirements for nearly 100 home garden crops
- How to use root cellars in the country, in the city, and in any environment
- How to build root cellars, indoors and out, big and small, plain and fancy
- Case histories -- reports on the root cellaring techniques and experiences of many households all over North America
Root cellaring need not be strictly a country concept. Though it's often thought of as an adjunct to a large garden, a root cellar can in fact considerably stretch the resources of a small garden, making it easy to grow late succession crops for storage instead of many rows for canning and freezing. Best of all, root cellars can easily fit anywhere. Not everyone can live in the country, but everyone can benefit from natural cold storage.