Honey Wheat Bread Mix (48 servings)Product Number: 55
- $1895 $18.95
- Save $1
If you love the warm goodness and delicious scent of freshly baked bread, you will love our time saving Ready Hour Honey Wheat Bread Mix. This complete, whole-grain bread mix is already prepared. All you add is water, oil and yeast.
Use your bread machine to save even more time and fuss, or enjoy making your own artisan loaves and rolls by hand. Great for everyday use, our Honey Wheat Bread Mix is especially handy in an emergency when the grocery store shelves are bare. Be sure to keep some cans in your survival food supply and your family will not have to go without delicious, life-sustaining bread. This item comes in a big #10 can size, about five times the size of a normal soup can.
Honey Wheat Bread Benefits:
- Ultimate convenience
- Easy to prepare
- Great for recipes
- Ideal for oven or bread machine
- Up to 10-year shelf-life unopened
- Up to 1-year shelf-life after opening
- #10 can size, about 9x average soup can
- Requires no refrigeration
- Just add water, oil and yeast
- Made in the USA
- Weighs 4.4 pounds
Directions for Honey Wheat Bread:
- Discard the oxygen absorber packet immediately after opening.
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- Add the oil and Ready Hour Honey Wheat Bread Mix and stir to blend.
- Knead the dough on a floured board until it is smooth and elastic, or about 10 minutes. If you are using a mixer with a dough hook, mix on medium low speed for 10-20 minutes.
- Place the dough in a large bowl and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Form the dough into loaf shapes according to the number you are making or form it into 1 to 2-inch balls for dinner rolls.
- Place dough into bread pans or baking sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake loaves for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. For rolls, bake for 12-15 minutes. After cooling for 5-10 minutes, remove the bread to wire racks to complete cooling. Brush warm bread with melted butter if you like.
Unbleached flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, enzyme (improves yeast baking). folic acid), whole wheat flour (wheat, flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, enzyme (improves yeast baking), hard wheat bran, brown sugar, vital wheat gluten, non-iodized salt, sugar, soybean oil, nonfat dry milk, honey powder (cane sugar, honey), bleached four (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic, acid, enzyme (improves yeast baking)), soy lecithin, eggs (whole eggs, less than 2% sodium silicoaluminate [as an anticaking agent]), dough conditioner (enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), ascorbic acid, wheat gluten, enzymes, yeast (yeast enzymes, soybean oil).
Contains: egg, dairy, soy and wheat
- You are finished kneading when a tablespoon of dough forms a paper thin sheet if you stretch it.
- If the dough becomes dry or stiff as you knead it, add a little water.
- You can tell bread is done baking by tapping on the bottom; it should sound hollow.
It's best to store this emergency food in a dry, cool location — a dark area, if possible, at temperatures between 55°F and 70°F. Actual shelf life may vary based on individual storage conditions.
*0.3 gallons of water are needed to prepare entire #10 can.
We Also Recommend
1-Week Food Supply Ammo Can (1,500+ calories/day)
4 Week Emergency Food Supply (2,000+ calories/day for 30 Days)